Micro-TESE in Mumbai
Micro testicular sperm extraction or micro-TESE is a microsurgical technique used to retrieve sperm from the testes. It is a revolutionary treatment that counters severe male factor infertility (azoospermia) caused by low sperm production.
When is micro-TESE recommended?
The doctors recommend micro-TESE in the following cases:
- If a man has sufficient testosterone level in his blood after a hormone test and has other exams indicating that his testicles aren’t making the normal amounts of sperm.
- If a man remains azoospermic even though he has received treatment and his testosterone levels have been normal for at least four months.
How is micro-TESE performed?
The micro-TESE surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Given below is the step-by-step procedure:
- To perform the procedure, first, the doctor makes a very small incision in the midline of the scrotum.
- Then the doctor opens the testicles through the incision and looks under a high-power operating microscope for swollen seminiferous tubules that may contain sperm.
- Then a tissue sample is collected from one testicle’s tubules.
- Then the testis is closed with very fine stitches.
- The procedure is repeated with the other testicle.
What are the advantages of micro-TESE?
Micro-TESE is an advanced technique that presents better chances of finding healthy sperm than conventional TESE. Given below are the advantages of micro-TESE:
Higher sperm retrieval rates
Reduced acute post-operative complications
Less damage to testes
Fewer chronic changes to testicular function
Fewer complications are seen on ultrasound.
Why choose us for micro-TESE in Mumbai?
OMA Fertility is the best medical center for micro-TESE in Mumbai. We have a team of excellent andrology technologists and skillful surgeons who perform successful micro-TESE. We own internationally designed surgical tools to perform such complex procedures with exceptional accuracy and safety. So if you are looking for micro-TESE in Mumbai, you can book your appointment with us.