Hysteroscopy In Mumbai
What is Basic and advanced Hysteroscopy?
Basic Hysteroscopy is a non-invasive procedure to visualize the uterine cavity. It is performed by inserting a flexible tube with a light and lens through the vagina to view the inside of the uterus. It is usually done to investigate abnormal bleeding or an undiagnosed pelvic mass.
Advanced Hysteroscopy is performed by inserting a flexible tube with a light and lens through the vagina to view the inside of the uterus and other parts of the body. The procedure can be performed to examine or treat conditions inside the uterus, such as polyps or fibroids.
What are some Hysteroscopy Procedures?
Hysteroscopic procedures include:
Endometrial biopsy is a surgical procedure that removes the endometrium, the innermost layer of the uterus, during hysterectomy. It can be carried out as an outpatient or as an inpatient procedure.
Hysterosalpingography is a medical diagnostic procedure to determine the health and fertility of the uterus and fallopian tubes. The procedure involves:
- Taking an X-ray of the pelvis.
- Performing a transvaginal ultrasound.
- Inserting a lubricated speculum into the vagina.
Dilation is the process that enlarges the size of the cervix so that it can be visualized or evaluated. It is caused by vaginal or cervical dilation and may also be a pre-operative step before a surgical procedure.
Curettage is a process in which a doctor scrapes tissue from the inside of the uterus with a needle-like instrument to remove it.
Why is Hysteroscopy used?
Given below are some of the uses of Hysteroscopy:
- To confirm what is believed to be a normal pregnancy or to detect the presence of a problem.
- It is sometimes used as part of an infertility treatment plan, particularly in cases where ovulation induction has not been effective.
- The procedure is used to examine, diagnose and treat female problems such as abnormal bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis, and ovarian cysts.
- Hysteroscopy is also used for women who have had abnormal uterine bleeding or chronic pelvic pain.
Difference between Basic and Advanced Hysteroscopy
The basic difference between basic and advanced Hysteroscopy is that Basic Hysteroscopy is a more invasive and costly procedure that requires sedation. At the same time, Advanced Hysteroscopy is a less invasive and cheaper procedure that does not require general anesthesia.
The other difference is in the amount of information that is provided. For example, a basic hysterectomy removes all uterine tissue; an advanced hysterectomy may also remove the fallopian tubes, ovaries, or even part of the vagina. In addition, the advanced form is more complex and more effective when it comes to removing cancerous tissue and other abnormal growths.
How is Hysteroscopy Performed?
A hysteroscopy is a diagnostic procedure that uses a flexible tube with a light and magnifying lens to see inside the uterus. For this type of procedure, the physician must be able to see the cervix and fallopian tubes. The procedure takes near about 30 minutes and is performed under general anesthesia. The hysteroscope is the tool of choice for office hysteroscopy, but it can also be done with a laparoscope.
Following is the step by step procedure:
- First, the doctor inserts a small tube with a light and camera into the vagina, which will allow them to see the interior of the uterus.
- Next, the doctor performs the procedure by inserting one or two fingers inside the vagina, moving them around, and viewing what is happening with a monitor.
- The doctor will then use equipment to remove the endometrium, the tissue that lines the uterus.
- Finally, the walls of the uterus are then scraped to remove any remaining tissue or blood clots.
Why choose OMA hospital for Hysteroscopy in Mumbai?
There are many reasons to choose OMA hospital for Hysteroscopy in Mumbai. One of the most important aspects is that OMA has a multidisciplinary team, which means that they have many doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals who all work together to provide the best care possible. Additionally, OMA hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, which provides safety and quality assurance that you don’t get from most hospitals.